White Mountain Community Health - Affordable Health Care, Conway NH
Open Monday through Friday
8:30am to 4:00pm
(603) 447-8900
http://www.whitemountainhealth.org/uploads/images/content_pictures/Other orgs.jpg

Other Helpful Organizations

These are organizations that can help you with issues that go beyond our services. Be sure to look at the services we offer as well when you're looking for help - you can see services beyond primary care available for our patients here, and available to the entire community here. We encourage our patients to talk to their providers about issues they're having that affect their health and well-being.

If you don't find what you're looking for here, please call and make an appointment to talk with your provider or a social worker, who can help you access services that will assist with your situation. You can also use www.211nh.org or www.211maine.org by visiting the website for your state or calling 211 (TTY 603-634-3388 in NH and 211 in Maine). Calling will connect you with a person who can help you find what you need.


Aging and disability

ServiceLink, Tamworth, (603) 323-2043
  • Connects aging and disabled people and their families with long-term service and supports, and helps them understand and access Medicaid and Medicare.


Child Care Resource & Referral, Tamworth, (603) 323-7047
  • Referrals to child care providers who meet your family’s needs.
  • Information about how to choose high-quality child care.
  • Referrals to other community agencies if you have concerns about your child.
  • Information about financial assistance to help pay for child care.

Children Unlimited, Conway, (603) 447-6356

  • Childcare, preschool, and educational programs for all children.
  • In-home support and education for new parents.
  • Comprehensive early intervention and support for families with children who have a diagnosed condition, are developmentally delayed, or are at risk of being developmentally delayed.
  • Family support from birth to age 18.

Central New Hampshire Visiting Nurse Association Pediatric Program, Wolfeboro, (603) 569-2729, toll free (888) 242-0655

  • Prenatal and new parent education and support, including home visits.
  • Home visits for children and adolescents with acute or chronic illnesses or injuries.
  • Development and diagnostic evaluations for children.

Dental care

Tamworth Dental Center, (603) 323-7645 (SMILE)
  • Sliding fee discounts for uninsured patients

Domestic and sexual violence

Starting Point, Conway, (603) 447-2494
  • 24- hour support line: 1-800-336-3795
  • Shelter for victims of domestic abuse and stalking
  • Support groups
  • Individual advocacy and accompaniment
  • School, professional and community education

Education and language

Carroll County Adult Education, North Conway and Tamworth, (603) 323-5100

  • Adult high school diplomas
  • Tutoring and pre-testing for the High School Equivalency Test (HiSET)
  • Citizenship classes and English as Second Other Language (ESOL) classes.


The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) in New Hampshire and Maine

  • Food assistance and breastfeeding support for pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, and young children, depending on income.
  • Call 603-332-4358 (Carroll County, NH) or 207-795-4016 (Oxford County, ME) for location and times and to apply.

Food pantries - You can find local food pantries here:

Fuel and weatherization

Carroll County, New Hampshire: Tri-County CAP, Tamworth, (603) 323-7400 or toll-free (888)-842-3835

Oxford County, Maine: Community Concepts, South Paris, (207) 743-7716


Housing assistance is provided by towns, supported by Tri-County CAP. If you need assistance with housing, contact your town offices and tell them you need town assistance and they will help you through the process. You will need to fill out a state application for low-income housing and meet with an assistance officer or the town selectboard. If you have an eviction notice, your application will be expedited.

Mental health treatment

White Mountain Community Health Center offers mental health counseling for our patients. We also refer patients to the following organizations, as well as many individual counselors. But we do recommend seeing your provider for more personalized counseling recommendations.

The Mental Health Center (Northern Human Services), Conway, (603) 447-2111

  • Outpatient substance abuse treatment
  • Outpatient therapy and psychiatric services
  • 24/7 emergency services - call the Conway office at 447-2111
  • Support, advocacy, case-management

Mount Washington Valley Psychological Services, Conway, (603) 447-2453

Substance abuse treatment

We can help patients find the right option for substance abuse treatment - click here for more info on substance abuse treatment options. We also refer patients to the following organizations.

The Friendship House (Tri-County CAP) outpatient satellite sites, North Conway and Tamworth, (603) 869-2210 (main office number for scheduling)

  • Outpatient substance abuse counseling

Pathways for Better Living, Intervale, (978) 270-8011

  • Intensive outpatient substance abuse program
  • Adolescent intensive outpatient program
  • Sober companionship/recovery coaching program
  • Employee assistance program

The Mental Health Center (Northern Human Services), Conway, (603) 447-2111

  • Outpatient substance abuse treatment
  • Outpatient therapy and psychiatric services
  • 24/7 emergency services - call the Conway office at 447-2111
  • Support, advocacy, case-management

A New Life at Memorial Hospital, North Conway, contact Julie Bosak, CMN at (603) 356-4949 or call Women's Health at (603) 356-9355

  • Comprehensive outpatient treatment for prenatal patients

Friendship House short-term residental treatment, Woodville, (603) 869-2210

  • Residential substance abuse treatment program
  • Outpatient substance abuse treatment

Road to a Better Life, North Conway, (603) 692-1861

  • Outpatient substance abuse counseling